Airmail To Africa

Kristen, Julie, and Kelsy are three crazy ladies who are setting off on an adventure of a lifetime! Yes, they are heading to the poorest country in the world, Sierra Leone, Africa! They will be working with the Christian organization, Children of the Nations, whose ministry is working with destitute and orphaned children worldwide. Please be in prayer as they embark on this journey.

Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

They Left Me!!

Well, now life really starts here in Marjay Town. Not that there wasn't life before, but now we can settle down into a routine and things. It has been very quiet since the team left on Friday. It was sad to see them go, but we enjoyed our time with them. Sarah and I have spent the last few days trying to figure out what our life will look like now, how we will cook for ourselves, buy food, do laundry(by hand), transportation, etc. Oh, so much to think about. This week we should also be having a meeting with Mama Angie(the boss) to set a schedule for the year. We will be sharing our time in Freetown and also in Banta.
Sarah and I are getting along great! God was really in every detail of this trip, even making sure that we fit together well! We are a lot alike is some ways but then where one is lacking the other makes up for it! So God is good!
We've also met some friends here! They have a bible study on Tuesday nights that we will be attending, tonight is our first night! One lady is from the UK, another is from The Netherlands, and the rest are all Lebenese(there's quite a population here). It's exciting to make these connections with people!
The children are doing okay after seeing the team go. They were very sad but kids are resilant you know! They ask about their other Aunties and Uncles and wish them well.

Prayer Requests:
~Health-always for health, God is faithful
~The Teachers- that they would be open and receptive to what Sarah and I have to share
~That we would settle down into being here on our own
~That God would have His protective hand over us always
~That our lives would be an example to the people of Sierra Leone
~Praise God for safe travel, protection, His sovereignty, God is just so Great!

More to come...
Now that there is only two of us, we are hoping to getting into more of a routine of coming to the internet cafe. And I'm still trying to figure out how I will be able to post pictures, but for now Kelsy can post some from home.
Thank you all for your support and prayers, everytime I start feeling down I remember all those people who believe in me back home! I love you all!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Kristen,
I miss you so much. I'm glad you got update the blog. I'm trying to put more pics on but it takes forever on M&D's computor. Anyways, I'm praying for you and I love you! You amaze me, sister.
~kelsy

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home