Airmail To Africa

Kristen, Julie, and Kelsy are three crazy ladies who are setting off on an adventure of a lifetime! Yes, they are heading to the poorest country in the world, Sierra Leone, Africa! They will be working with the Christian organization, Children of the Nations, whose ministry is working with destitute and orphaned children worldwide. Please be in prayer as they embark on this journey.

Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

Monday, November 27, 2006

An American Holiday in a Foreign Country


Thanksgiving was quite an interesting day. It began by spending a half an hour crying because I missed home and wanted to be with my family. But don’t worry, I got over it. I then enjoyed breakfast with Mama Angie and her sisters who were visiting for the wedding. It was nice to spend time with a family, even if it wasn’t mine, it was still nice. We then spent the afternoon at the beach(not many people get to say that, do they), which was quite lovely. If you can believe it, we actually did have a turkey dinner. The US Embassy put on a Thanksgiving dinner, complete with turkey, pumpkin pie, sweet potatoes, and bean casserole. It was an interesting night, meeting other Americans who are here. Many of them work for the embassy or the UN so we really haven’t had much contact with them. I ended the day with talking to family back home which was a nice end to the most different Thanksgiving I’ve had in my life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy... said...

Kristen,

You look so cute! It was great to talk to you for few minutes on Thursday...made me miss you more, though:) I'm glad you were able to do some special things on Thanksgiving! love, Amy

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home