Airmail To Africa

Kristen, Julie, and Kelsy are three crazy ladies who are setting off on an adventure of a lifetime! Yes, they are heading to the poorest country in the world, Sierra Leone, Africa! They will be working with the Christian organization, Children of the Nations, whose ministry is working with destitute and orphaned children worldwide. Please be in prayer as they embark on this journey.

Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

A New Blog Site!

As many of you know, I will be joining Children of the Nations at their international office in Silverdale, WA. I will be moving on Labor Day weekend and ready to start that following week! I'm really excited about this new position, not only will I be working for this great organization for another year, but I will also have to opportunity to continue the work I spent this past year doing! As in most organizations, there is always more work than people to do it! So that's where I come in!
In the beginning I will be working in the communications department to help prepare for COTN's big benifit season, which is in October. On September 10, we will also be welcoming Quami Agbermodji and three of our children, Eddie, Massah and Tejan, from Sierra Leone. They will be here for the benifits and I'm excited to be able to help host them! After the benifit season is over I will be working more on the educational side of things. There is another woman, who has taught for years, and her and I will be working together to develop an educational department. Since this is a new area for COTN, my job description will be changing and developing along with it. Having spent a year in the Sierra Leone school system gives me a great amount of insight into what this department should look like and will allow the work I spent this past year doing to continue. I will also have the opportunity to return to Sierra Leone within the next year and possibly lead my own team down there! I will also be getting into schools in the states to raise awareness, gain support, and create connections between the schools here and the school there.
As you have probably guessed, I will be raising support for an additional year. COTN is a non-profit, faith based organization, therefore, all the funds that come through must be raised somewhere. This is one of the things I appreciate about COTN though. Many of the larger organizations that are supporting children, pay there people through the fund that come as support for the children. With COTN, the support raised for the kids, goes to the kids, which is exactly how it should be. So there you have it. As this kind of support is crucial, more importantly I will need a lot of prayer support. This past year, I felt so blessed by all your prayers and I realized how essential that is. Please partner with me in this area of prayer.

If you are interested in supporting me finiancially, you can do this by checking out the COTN website, and clicking on make a donation. There is a section for missionary support and all you have to do is enter my name and the amount you wish to support. You have to choice of having this directly taken from your account or you can send a check to the office in Silverdale. If you would like to support me monthly, you also have that option online.

As my role will be changing, I will also be changing my blog site, to continue keeping you updated on what is happening in my life! The new site will be called Not So Far Removed, and the address is http://nsfr.blogspot.com
Below is my final letter that I sent out to my supporters, if you are interested, please read it. Thank you for your interest in the work being done through Children of the Nations, I have been so blessed and thankful for the way the Lord has used me to serve and is continueing to do so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home