Airmail To Africa

Kristen, Julie, and Kelsy are three crazy ladies who are setting off on an adventure of a lifetime! Yes, they are heading to the poorest country in the world, Sierra Leone, Africa! They will be working with the Christian organization, Children of the Nations, whose ministry is working with destitute and orphaned children worldwide. Please be in prayer as they embark on this journey.

Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

Saturday, December 09, 2006

It's Coming on Christmas

Yes, the Christmas season is upon us and although there is no snow on the ground, there is still people wearing parka's and stocking hats! I know it is surprising but the weather is cold to the people of Sierra Leone right now. However, Sarah and I are enjoying it quite a lot! It feels more like our normal summer weather!
Truthfully, it has been hard to get into the Christmas season this year. I'm a bit sentimental and I love the traditions and magic of the Christmas holidays. Walking through the snow, streets lite up with twinkling lights, curling up by the fire with a cup of hot cocoa, etc. In fact, I try to not remember that it's Christmas because it makes me miss home and the company of family and friends.
However, during this time we should remember the true reason for celebrating Christmas at all, and that reason is birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ! And I know that no matter where I am or who I'm with, that truth still stands, that God sent is only Son into this sinful world to become like us, to redeem us and save us from our certain death. That in itself is cause for celebration. And so this Christmas, whether I am "home for Christmas," whether I am half way around the world, whether I am with people, or whether I am alone, I will praise my God for the beautiful gift he gave us on that long ago night, when angels sang and sheperds came to see the baby that was sent to save mankind.

"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!"


Your love and prayers around felt all the way over a whole continent and a whole ocean! I cannot express my sincere gratitude in words for that

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelsey said...

I am so glad that you still have a joyful heart even though your Christmas will be a little different this year. Though the traditions are different across the globe, the celebration of Christ's birth is the common thread. I miss you so very much and think about you all the time. It was such a fun surprise talking to you on the phone on Thanksgiving. Mimes and I definitely need to invest in a phone card so that we can call you over the Christmas holiday. I love you and will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Love,

Kelsey

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home