Airmail To Africa

Kristen, Julie, and Kelsy are three crazy ladies who are setting off on an adventure of a lifetime! Yes, they are heading to the poorest country in the world, Sierra Leone, Africa! They will be working with the Christian organization, Children of the Nations, whose ministry is working with destitute and orphaned children worldwide. Please be in prayer as they embark on this journey.

Name:
Location: Alaska, United States

Monday, January 01, 2007

What it's the year 2007!

Wow! I can hardly believe. Time just keeps going faster and faster! Sarah and I both enjoyed the holiday season, although I have to admit I think she enjoyed it more than I did. It just never really felt like Christmas, I don't know if it was the weather, or the fact that I wasn't home, or what I don't know. But it was a really nice day and I did enjoy it! There was only about an hour on Christmas Eve night that I was feeling a bit homesick, but I got over it and was able to enjoy the day! The churches don't have a Christmas Eve service so we had our own. We read the the Christmas story to the boys in Krio and put them to bed. Then we read it in English and the Night Before Christmas for ourselves and sang a couple of carols by candlelight(because the generator wasn't working). It was really nice. Then we went to bed ourselves.
On Christmas morning I woke up to the sound of our cell phone, it was my mother! What a great way to start the day! I talked to my family while Sarah made pancakes! We ate breakfast and opened presents! It was so fun to watch David and Brima open their gifts. David just tore them all open and scattered them, Brima opened them one at a time and before he opened his gifts he packed his things from his stocking away. It was really interesting watching the difference between the two boys! After gifts we had to rush over to the home to pass out the children's gift and take pictures! They all looked to sweet in their new cloths!!But don't let them fool you! We had Christmas dinner with our Sierra Leonean mother, Mama Angie! She takes good care of us! The day really flew by, but it was really enjoyable and I know that I will always look back on this Christmas and treasure my time here!
Last night we attended a Watchnight Service at church where we prayed in the new year. It was a bit different, but afterwards we had some sparklers left over from Christmas, so we had a little celebration to ring in the new year! But no sparkling cider, a bit disappointing! I thought of all of you at 8 o'clock this morning, for those of you on Pacific time! Happy New Year! As they say here, Happy New Year, mi no dio! Thanking the Lord for bringing them through another year.
So that's our holiday's in a nut shell, sorry it's so random! Enjoy the pictures!

*Just a side note, on January 3rd we celebrate our 6 month anniversary!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home